Congratulations to 40Under40 Award Winners
We were proud to support, sponsor and participate as a judge at last week’s 40Under40 Awards Gala.
As was stated on the night by both Business News Executive Chairman Elton Swarts and Business News CEO Charlie Gunningham, Western Australia never ceases to produce awe-inspiring entrepreneurs, leaders and change makers. The winners truly are making a difference.
The 40Under40 Awards Gala 2016 celebrated WA’s 40 leading business entrepreneurs under the age of 40 at Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Established in 2002 by Business News, the black tie gala event was attended by nearly 650 of WA’s business community to recognise and celebrate Western Australia’s leading young business entrepreneurs.
Paul Blackburne, Founder and Managing Director of property developer Blackburne, was awarded the prestigious 2016 First Amongst Equals Award. Mr Blackburne was recognised for his long term strategic vision, strong corporate values and natural leadership style which has led Blackburne to become a $300 million diversified property company over the last decade.
“This is a unique program for WA’s community,” said Charlie. “It recognises, not only personal determination and commercial drive, but also the community pursuits that balance these young individuals’ professional achievements. It ensures we as a community are recognising the contributions of these up and comers to the welfare of Western Australia.
“We congratulate Paul Blackburne on his award, as well as all of the 40under40 for 2016. They join an alumni of almost 600 people over the past 15 years. May they continue to achieve and inspire great things in and for WA.”
The category winners are:
- Small or Startup Business – Jamie Davison (Carbon Business Group)
- Medium sized Business – Paul Blackburne (Blackburne)
- Family Business – Richard Young (Aussie Wanderer Tours)
- Intrapreneur – Claire Negus (Roy Hill)
- Professional Services – Courtney Laskins (Clayton Utz)
- Community, Social Enterprise or Not for Profit – Jade Lewis (Jade Lewis and Friends Inc)
Additional award winners are:
- City of Perth Strategic Alliance Award – Leycester Cory (Guys Grooming)
- UWA Inspiring Possibilities Award – Jon van Bockxmeer (Fair Game Australia Ltd)
- People’s Choice Award – Grant Capriotti (Muse Bureau)
The 2016 program was supported by Australian Institute of Company Directors, Barbagello, Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA, City of Perth, KPMG, Nine News, OM ThreeSixty, Perth Airport, St Vincent de Paul Society, the University of Western Australia and WA Cleanskin Cellars.